Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Rome: Total War I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Rome: Total War

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Madness

Madness

Rome: Total War Empty
PostSubject: Rome: Total War   Rome: Total War I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:25 pm

I got rome total war for my bday
l havnt insatalled it yet, because it is hiding in a pile of stuff in my room.

So
guys any stratigies that you use or knosw of? and also who else has the game?
and any tips for a newbie?
Madness

P.s this is colour full lol
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Rome: Total War   Rome: Total War I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Good ol' Rome: Total War, I think I will explain the easiest strategy in the world to you its unbelievably simple and works well whilst you figure out your own ways to position your army and eventually gain your own tactics. Well on to the Strat:

1. The simple "Double Layer" technique, all you do is heavy infantry (Histatia, Pretorians etc) in the front line, with a good back line of Missile units (archers etc).

2. Cavalry flanks, with the "Double Layer" tech it's always good to have Cavalry on your flanks, both light and heavy do the trick.

That is pretty much the easiest effective way to set up your army.

A few things to remember:

1. NEVER! charge cavalry head on into spearmen.

2. When defending a siege use archers to target enemies with siege equipment e.g Ladders, siege towers etc

3. Easiest way to take out a Greek/Macedonian Spear phalanx is to hit it from the side or behind with heavy infantry, also Cavalry in the rear will work and you should take to many casualties.

4. Use cavalry to pick of fleeing enemies, LEAVE NOONE ALIVE! unless its rebels no matter what they loose all their army if beaten.

5. The counter charge, never let your men just stand there and take a charge, they will be annihilated.(remember to time this perfect so your lines don't break)

6. Archers are your best friend, use them wisely target threats not peasants, your archers have a limited supply of ammo and you want them to weaken strong units.

7. Cavalry > Archers, or in other words hit enemy archers with any free cavalry units.

8. Cavalry charge the side or rear of enemy units, when possible, this will not only break enemy lines, but destroy there morale.(never get your cavalry trapped, only hit from rear if behind the unit is clear space, reinforcement charge on the rear of cavalry will end badly for you)

9. Use spearmen for enemy cavalry.(only exception for letting your soldiers be charged is cavalry into spearmen cos spearmen will win most of the time)

Well thats the basics for you, you'll work out your own tactics in time.

Good luck General!
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: Rome: Total War   Rome: Total War I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:37 pm

I also find it to my advantage to Manually mange every town, this way you can develop your towns to incorporate your strat, economical or military focus, or and make sure you don't leave docks undefended, if the enemy blocks em you can be crippled from cash loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rome: Total War   Rome: Total War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rome: Total War
Page 1 of 1