Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Online or Offline Gaming?

Go down 
5 posters

Do You Prefer Online or Offline Gaming?
Online (Multiplayer).
Online or Offline Gaming? I_vote_lcap73%Online or Offline Gaming? I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Offline (Singleplayer).
Online or Offline Gaming? I_vote_lcap27%Online or Offline Gaming? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Juff
Admin
Juff

Online or Offline Gaming? Empty
PostSubject: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Well what will it be? Online(multiplayer) or Offline(singleplayer)? which is your preferred? Why do you Prefer it?

I love playing singleplayer games and most of the games i play are singleplayer with multiplayer functions, but I prefer playing multiplayer online/LAN where i can interact with other players and really test my skills.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:09 pm

I would have to agree with multiplayer games, but i like the games with Coop multiplayer games then any other, but i do like singleplayer games a lot aswell
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Option 3:

"Pedo Horse Mode"
(Translation: Everyone Dies!)

I never do like online, there's too much "my dicks bigger than yours" its honestly only a 'ping' competition. If net speed was all consistant or LAN, than maybe you have a valid point. Online to me, is testing your capacity to play the game rather just who can rush Bombsite A or camp the longest... Single-player I tend to learn the AI moves and the seriousness of my personality turns me into the most complete killer (perfect headshots and hit/run tactics) which make the game too easy. I already know how to take down a bloodsucker nest with just a USP .45 which is downright sad considering theres about 10 of them there.

Lastly, I don't vote in poles. Not very democratic if i'm forced Razz
Back to top Go down
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm really D&M when it comes to gaming. Single player is my favorite, makes you feel like a hero.
Gaming, for me is all about the atmosphere, and the ability to use your imagination to boost the ideas in the actual game.

Having idiots on chat saying crap, and people jumping around and tea bagging ruins this atmosphere for me. As for LAN Games, it's all about the lols, so that's why I enjoy Multi-player to certain extents.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I would have to say MP in my opinion. I am a strong believer in the "atmosphere" of gaming; but for me this atmosphere is intensified so many times more online. Take. Battlefield..2 for example; If I was playing singeplayer; the AI would re-spawn at the point considered to be most valuable to them; and they would run in the direction in which they consider the highest chance of invasion.
Players however; can organise. A squad with microphones can set up sniper cover; and attack a flank, and use a tank as a shield; If I was...say...a Light MG operator; I would need to position myself in a way to get around the flank of the tank to suppress the infantry, and stay covered from the tank itself; while avoiding the sniper as well as any other infantry trying to flank myself. It adds to the strategy and the planning required to do ANYTHING. This is especially apparent in RTS games; a human player can trap you, can trick you; and even fake-diplomacy. AI; cannot stand up to that level of atmosphere. In my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:57 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
Option 3:
Lastly, I don't vote in poles. Not very democratic if i'm forced Razz

Your not forced to, in fact the fact that you believe your a forced into voting in these polls is ridiculous.

On another note I completely agree with Jerms at the same time as disagreeing as it all depends on the game and server and players on the server, because as Zombies said there are many games where atmosphere is terrible online CA for example you rarely see any sort of teamwork. But in saying this I have never played any BF online but I have heard from people the matches can be very tactical, an example of the atmosphere being set my the online players is G-mod RP where when the server is good the entire game is ran by the players and with good Rpers it can be great fun. I prefer LAN multiplayer over online in alot of ways aswell as it is usually for the lols plus your team mates are right there with you and so is your enemy this can lead to some great tactics being used and a great gaming atmosphere being created.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:11 am

Juff wrote:
at the same time as disagreeing
I know what you mean; online is a 'depends on' situation. But when the circumstances are right; it's absolutely fantastic. But when they are not so right; the gaming experience is often quite poor. However; a great thing about online games it that there is always another place to go, either single player; or another server. If you are in one server full of completely tards, then you move on to another, this is the best thing to do with Combat Arms, as you find that the not-so-fun players seem to congregate in the same spot. A Combat Arms server with good, solid blokes on it; is probably one of the best gaming experiences I have came across.

Juff wrote:
I prefer LAN multiplayer
I defiantly prefer LAN over on-your-own online. The tactics are much easy to use, as you don't even have to press a mic button. It's nearly even better when you have a couple of people LANNING, but online. Juff and I have done this with Gmod RP before; and it was ALOT of fun. We set up a gun store; and Juff was my bodyguard, and all I had to do was tell him "such and such is trying to jump over barriers" or he would tell me that there is a customer looking to buy "Such and such". An excellent gaming experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Juff wrote:

On another note I completely agree with Jerms at the same time as disagreeing as it all depends on the game and server and players on the server, because as Zombies said there are many games where atmosphere is terrible online CA for example you rarely see any sort of teamwork. But in saying this I have never played any BF online but I have heard from people the matches can be very tactical

The way to get past crap CA games is to make your own room, shove a password on it and invite your mates and run it

and yes bf games oinline can be tactical

when playing bfv, i graba jeep go in from the back and pick them off

with bf2 i stick with the squad being whatever they require (medic, anti tank ect)

and yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I think I prefer online gaming, mainly because you can meet other people and the gameplay with other people is good too, though lag can be a problem at times. However, people are dicks so Singleplayer is good too in that the gameplay is usually fun and devoid of lag Smile I could say more, but it's half-past midnight... affraid
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:03 am

^and you also learn others tactics^

such as Dolphin diving
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online or Offline Gaming?   Online or Offline Gaming? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online or Offline Gaming?
Page 1 of 1