Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
What is G-mod "RP"? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

What is G-mod "RP"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

What is G-mod "RP"? Empty
PostSubject: What is G-mod "RP"?   What is G-mod "RP"? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 am

If you are not familiar with the gaming term RP or "Role Playing", let me explain.
Basically, it is giving a personality and life to a usually anonymous character. It is used in forums, where people create characters and use text based story telling techniques to create a situation.

The term is used for G-Mod in a similar way. G-Mod, being as editable and customizable as it is; is perfect for RP. It started basically when it first received online capabilities, with the idea that you choose an occupation or position and create the character through text, however; with G-Mod, the Action element is added to forum-style RP.

Instead of someone simply saying "Officer Peters slaps the handcuffs on the culprit, and takes him to the station for questioning"; in G-mod, "Officer peters" would actually play the character. Issue a warning, threaten arrest, and actual arrest them with an in-game tool.

This adds a massive depth to the basic RP that you might be used to.

However; it is not as simple as it sounds, to RP properly you have to be creative and you have to understand that you are no longer playing "G-mod" you are a character, in a location, in a situation.

You have to create the situation, and bring a breathe of life into a person shaped pile of pixels.

I will start posting replies on this thread, with pictures of a Gmod RP server I frequent visit, as well as explain some of the basic rules behind RP.

But for now; see-you in-game.

Jerms
James
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

What is G-mod "RP"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is G-mod "RP"?   What is G-mod "RP"? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 am

To answer your question "what is G-mod RP?" G-mod RP is awesome thats what it is!

But yeah RP is great fun I recommend all G-mod players to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net

What is G-mod "RP"?
Page 1 of 1