Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Ubisoft's "Outlaws"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

Ubisoft's "Outlaws" Empty
PostSubject: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:18 pm

"The most dangerous man is the one with nothing left to loose"
"When outlaws murdered your wife, and took your daughter, everything you had was gone. Your gut aches for blood and sweat revenge. Dyin's too good for 'em now."
It sounds like the synopsis to a Clint Eastwood Western; but it is infact the first half of the synopsis to the classic FPS western; Outlaws.
You may notice that Western Shooters are not the most popular choice for FPS games; mostly overdone by modern shooters, World War Two or Vietnam. But there is a reason for this, any modern day Western shooter; would have to compete with Outlaws.
Ubisoft's "Outlaws" Outlaws-7040-2
This classic FPS game took the genre to were it is today; not massively successfully financially; but developed a cult status among many PC gamers.
Released in 1997; the game used the "jedi" engine; which was used in the early Star wars game; "Dark Forces".
You play the role of "James Anderson", A U.S marshall, who has had his family kidnapped by BoB Graham; an evil Railroad baron who has hired Outlaws to kidnap people and hold them or ransom; demanding them to sell him their land.
You start off in some small towns; and have to shoot your way through 100's of generic Western Bad-Guys. This is probably one of the earliest games to feature "Insulting ambience"; where the enemy characters yell insults at you; before you gun them down.
The game is a fairly straight forward shooter in terms of gameplay; but what makes it stand it, is it's fantastic cut-scenes.

Made to look hand-drawn; they nearly have a Gritty-Disney feeling to them, and, compared to todays; you genuinely develop a care for the protagonist and a hatred for the evil antagonist.

I played this game during it's release days; or should I say. I played the Demo. I kid you not; me and my father played the first level of this game, dozens of times.
The reason it's replay value is so high; is because of it's difficulty. Even on the low levels, you simply CANNOT run in shooting like a madman (Until you get good, then it's just fun), you need to be able to see the paths that enemies take, otherwise they will turn around and gun you down.

Overall; I loved this game probably too much; and when we finally bought the full version off E-bay ($50, excluding handling..) there was so much enjoyment and great memories.

If you have never played a classic FPS game before; this is defiantly the place to start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:26 pm

I have to say i've been there and seen Jerms and his dad playing this game I to have had a quick go and well I agree it is a great game I could seriously see myself getting into even with todays fast paced crazy FPS games like CSS, CA, CoD(I personally don't like CoD all that much but thought it's easier for some people to relate FPS to) ect,.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Pulling out the old-school shizzel!!

Modern-day westerns arnt played because teens dont like revolvers and six-shooters!!
I love my .357 revolver, to quote Revolver Ocelot, "nothing quite like the reload in the middle of battle."
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:35 pm

I could go Old School for years on end. Wolf 3d. Duke 3d. Pinball 3d. If it still has to boast about being 3d; I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Jerms wrote:
I could go Old School for years on end. Wolf 3d. Duke 3d. Pinball 3d. If it still has to boast about being 3d; I enjoyed it.

I got the titty-version of DN:3D haha
Got the Hooker-mod for it too...
I played this at like....12.... woo!!!

I remember going to school talking about it, got detention so many times because of this rofl.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:43 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
Jerms wrote:

I remember going to school talking about it, got detention so many times because of this rofl.

Haha; yeah. Dad turned on the "Adult mode" thing; so it didn't show that stuff; but I knew the password! Muhaha. I still don't think he knows.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Jerms wrote:
vanhelsing wrote:
Jerms wrote:

Haha; yeah. Dad turned on the "Adult mode" thing; so it didn't show that stuff; but I knew the password! Muhaha. I still don't think he knows.

I spent hours in Ep1's first level in the nudie bar, giving single to the hookers...hours on end I spent in there lol.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:57 am

You know. I usually shot them. I was a violent child. But Duke:3D is a game that is worthy of all sorts of trophies. They should have a massive televised award ceremony for gaming; like the grammies, but for games and not so horribly queer. I can imagine Channel 7 reporters attempting to report on "Glitz and glamour" and some guy is walking about in the background wearing a Wookie costume. Oh gosh. I want to see that so badly.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:19 am

Juff wrote:
I have to say i've been there and seen Jerms and his dad playing this game I to have had a quick go and well I agree it is a great game I could seriously see myself getting into even with todays fast paced crazy FPS games like CSS, CA, CoD(I personally don't like CoD all that much but thought it's easier for some people to relate FPS to) ect,.

i like Cod4, 6 lost the plot
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Jerms wrote:
You know. I usually shot them. I was a violent child. But Duke:3D is a game that is worthy of all sorts of trophies. They should have a massive televised award ceremony for gaming; like the grammies, but for games and not so horribly queer. I can imagine Channel 7 reporters attempting to report on "Glitz and glamour" and some guy is walking about in the background wearing a Wookie costume. Oh gosh. I want to see that so badly.

There exsists such a thing; only in America though. (That is aired from intel I gathered)
Spike's Video Game Awards

Yes...It is a joke ceremony (in regardless that complete noobs and nobodies choose it and majority of the fan votes are a waste since they would vote COD4 as a #1 realistic shooter when its 1% realistic)
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

vanhelsing wrote:

There exsists such a thing; only in America though. (That is aired from intel I gathered)
Spike's Video Game Awards

Yes...It is a joke ceremony (in regardless that complete noobs and nobodies choose it and majority of the fan votes are a waste since they would vote COD4 as a #1 realistic shooter when its 1% realistic)

I've heard of that, though I assumed same thing as you said it would be a joke because so many people think CoD and Halo are the only 2 video games ever made... and think everything about them is original, like when I saw Avatar the movie, in the scene when you are first introduced to the banshee's he actually said "they stole that from Halo" so I looked at him told him he he should jump off a bridge, and when he questioned it I explained a banshee is from mythology and he almost didn't believe me, you have know idea how much i wanted to beat him down with every mythology book ever written then force him to read them.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm

yeah the world is full of plagerism

thats why if u want a original game, you have to make it yourself

a few mates and me tried to make one but i cbf downloading the tirrent with only 1 seed
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm

This will probably shock most who read majority of my posts. I actually *LIKE* Halo (oh god no lol) it's a good game and offline Co-Op (on my mates 360) is freaking SWEET! Halo: Reach looks like re-packaged crap with upgraded weapons... Nothing that CS:Condition Zero was compared to CS1.6 was (I think.)

There's some damn good games that are out, Dark Rain freaked the crap outta me -- Silent Hill-esq but little more Puzzle genre.

STALKER (Shadow of Chernoybl) was in 2007, the more hardcore potential game, Alpha Lost Mod, Obilivion Lost/Complete Mods made is easily a top10 ever game that I recall playing on the PC (since you cant mod consoles like you can with a PC)

I also think games like Duke Nukem, defined an entire generation. Doom II was so epic that it gave me nightmares about becoming a Space Marine in 2020 (lol). Quake III defined online tournments and paved the way for games like CSS, COD etc

There's great games out there, too bad, they dont made as often now as they were in the 1990-2009 era.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:04 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
This will probably shock most who read majority of my posts. I actually *LIKE* Halo (oh god no lol) it's a good game and offline Co-Op (on my mates 360) is freaking SWEET! Halo: Reach looks like re-packaged crap with upgraded weapons... Nothing that CS:Condition Zero was compared to CS1.6 was (I think.)

i liked the first Halo great game, 2nd Halo to me was the same game with swords and dual wielding, only thing I liked about it was it's multiplayer and i personally hate every Halo after that with a passion.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Juff wrote:
vanhelsing wrote:

i liked the first Halo great game, 2nd Halo to me was the same game with swords and dual wielding, only thing I liked about it was it's multiplayer and i personally hate every Halo after that with a passion.

I loved dual-wielding pistols... rofl... Loved that.

Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3.

Most games get worse as they are made more often. Even my beloved MGS has fallen prey to this.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:27 pm

halo is a alright game
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Madness wrote:
halo is a alright game

What ya like about it?
Parts you did like?
Halo 1,2,3, ODST?
Have you seen "HALO:Reach" (hell, is it released yet? lol...i got no clue)

You play single? offline co-op? online?
Favourite weapons etc?
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

i like halo 1: combat evolved on my mats xbox 360 and on pc

Halo 2 looks like a crap redoneover but played it a couple times yet to play the newer ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft's "Outlaws"   Ubisoft's "Outlaws" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft's "Outlaws"
Page 1 of 1