Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat Empty
PostSubject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 am

Initially I have to say, on steam, if you own *EITHER* Shadow of Chernoybl or Clear Sky, you'll get Call of Pripyat for $10 less (you're best off getting ShoC since the mod community and play-length I feel are better than CS)

You start off as a Stalker whose an under-cover military officer (yes, its blasque) and you're job is to find the destroyed military choppers that crashed en-route of the military wanting to control "The Zone."

If you played ShoC then you'll like this game, the 'scary' elements have returned, theres some underground parts and X8 (the last part) has several surprise moments.

The AI is vastly improved, beasts have tendencies now, Bloodsuckers are piss weak thesedays, using a rifle at distance you can pick them off no problems now. The snorks are now very dangergous, they perform 'hit and run' techniques, so keeping a cool head and using cover is a suggested tactic.

The weapons are largely the same, theres the infamous M4 and you can add the M203 grenade launcher, and the upgrades for it are nothing special. The upgrade functions are much better, some fit silencers and can be good snipers, others will be good assault rifles but can't fit anything. Careful planning of knowing what gun is good for which situation is good knowledge to have.

I personally, use a automatic shotgun called the 'Eliminator' (did i mention that yet? mow down all the monsters with a auto-shotty? haha...I did now) and the famour Belgian made F2000M, there's a SVD that once upgraded is very, very good. But I'm not a fan of sniping here since the AI still isn't perfect in recognizing silent kills or distance kills, they *always* know it was you who shot them.

The gameplay is very good, theres proper 'F1' buttons that you can bind to first-aid kits, bandages and the like. There's also drugs that give you +30% wound healing for 180 seconds and etc, the only real useful one if the +Carry Weight for 5 minutes (Steriods...love those MLB players)

Overall, the game isn't the most polish game out, but there is a lot of potential (que modding community) for the game to surpass ShoC Complete and Oblivion Lost in terms of playability and re-playability.

I give it 4 "Get Out of Here Stalker's" of 5.

Lastly, if you're wondering

*Timeline*
STALKER: Clear Sky
STALKER: Shadow of Chernoybl
STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Although, ShoC was released in 2007, CS in 2008 and CoP now in 2010
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 am

This sounds really good, I loved Shoc this has actually inspired me to play it again and when I get the money I plan on purchasing CoP, I have to say I'm keen for the AI to be less retarded although I am a little disappointed that Bloodsuckers are "piss weak" becuase I love fighting them with my 12 guage on Shoc.

Quote :

I have only one thing to say to that "come in don't stand there".

and thanks for being the first to post a review.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:25 am

Juff wrote:
This sounds really good, I loved Shoc this has actually inspired me to play it again and when I get the money I plan on purchasing CoP, I have to say I'm keen for the AI to be less retarded although I am a little disappointed that Bloodsuckers are "piss weak" becuase I love fighting them with my 12 guage on Shoc.

Quote :

I have only one thing to say to that "come in don't stand there".

and thanks for being the first to post a review.

Well the bloodsuckers are weak compared to previous versions.
They take damage whilst invisible, and they arnt invisible if theyre not hunting (so a good sniper = they die)

They arnt weak, I should re-iterate, theres a good stratergy, just move around alot and when the crosshairs goes red, unleash hell!!

I dont like snorks, theyre very mobile and use sneak attacks. Stealth on them works but you need to be good. Theres billions of dogs around and in packs theyre very nasty, I run with my 'nocs out and do my best to avoid fights.

I couldn't help myself, theres a trader in the 2nd map called Hawaiian, youll learn to hate him as well...

Also, in the ship where you start, find Nimble (remember the guy from ShoC that you had to save in the first mission?!? same guy I assume) well he can get weapons and the such for you i would say

Only order an exo suit *after* you have Tier3 upgrade tools (otherwise you cant sprint lol)
Order an assault rifle, (after you save before ordering), sleep for 24hrs, get you gun (around 20,000 RU) and get either the F2000M or GP37, those two early (I got 20,000 within 2 in-game days its easy) and they set you up for the entire game, but ammo is tight at the start.

Threw a ShoC joke in there, for us STALKERs out there Razz
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 am

Awesome; I was unsure if I wanted to buy it. Turns out, I do now. Excellent. Thanks for the review.

I am wondering about the inventory though: it really pissed me off in SoC. I like the linking of first aids. BUT. There was the whole "using boxes as stashes" which was probably the most annoying thing since thumbtacs in a Bigmac. Has CoP added some sort of way to have, maybe a locker or something? Something with unlimited space and categories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:03 am

Jerms wrote:
Awesome; I was unsure if I wanted to buy it. Turns out, I do now. Excellent. Thanks for the review.

I am wondering about the inventory though: it really pissed me off in SoC. I like the linking of first aids. BUT. There was the whole "using boxes as stashes" which was probably the most annoying thing since thumbtacs in a Bigmac. Has CoP added some sort of way to have, maybe a locker or something? Something with unlimited space and categories.

In each "Safe Zone" theres a box with limitless space. Its good for storing crap.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 am

i own S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of c

but i dont like the gameplay to much but it is alright

might reinstall it sometime
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 am

Madness wrote:

Mate. You havne't played Stalker SoC until you have played it with the Oblivion Lost mod.
It's a complete transformation of gameplay; really fun. Defiantly install it when you reinstall SoC.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 am

lol what ever
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Jerms wrote:
Madness wrote:

Mate. You havne't played Stalker SoC until you have played it with the Oblivion Lost mod.
It's a complete transformation of gameplay; really fun. Defiantly install it when you reinstall SoC.

You're better off with "Complete" mod, it has all the graphical improves of the other big mods, and OL2.1 was his base.

Also has better 'faction' war moments, such as being able to leave particular factions after certain objectives are complete (such as joining Military at the start to get around easier but Loners hate you) parts of the game, also, you can sometime join certain factions for weapons (like the SR-25 from Freedom -- makes Red Forest easier to get around since you have a sniper rifle)

I recall also, theres a "NPC Invulnerable" mod, stops certain guys dying (I recall Nimble was one, and another Loner in the Garbage Hanger, he needs to live i think for something later)

If you own ShoC, getting CoP is $10 and thats a complete bargain in my opinion.

I personally disliked Clear Sky, A LOT, and ShoC vanilla was too buggy, i never reached the C-Consciousness because i got nailed every 20 steps. OL1.5 was fun (could throw artifacts at NPCs lol) and 2.2 is still a great mod but I prefer Complete (that and I can change initialy equipment carried by certain NPC factions)
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Wow; Van, Complete Mod sounds like sex in game form. I'll defiantly check it out! As well as the NPC mod, I hated it when I was heading to a target NPC and all of a sudden a "Failed" notification comes up; the guy I was heading to had been killed by a roaming pack of dogs...*Sigh*
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Jerms wrote:
Wow; Van, Complete Mod sounds like sex in game form. I'll defiantly check it out! As well as the NPC mod, I hated it when I was heading to a target NPC and all of a sudden a "Failed" notification comes up; the guy I was heading to had been killed by a roaming pack of dogs...*Sigh*

Theres a Clear Sky:Complete Mod as well.

Guess I'll review it later, when Telstra gives me my god damn net back...
(My net-collected says im working at 37kbps...I can skin rats at faster speeds)

Coming Soon Reviews:
Clear Sky (w/ Complete)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Top10 games of 2000's (this will be fun lol)
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Quote :

Sounds Like a very interesting post I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Juff wrote:
Quote :

Sounds Like a very interesting post I'm looking forward to it.

It'll be very subjective, so expect MGS to be in the top5 lol Razz
And Madden will probably be present.

Of all the games i've played, I have to find 10 i enjoy more than others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Page 1 of 1