Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Good Free Anti virus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grover

Grover

Good Free Anti virus? Empty
PostSubject: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 am

Hey guys, i really need to get a good free if possible antivirus, any suggestions would be great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 am

OR...
You could download a cracked version of Norton? or AVG Pro or something.

But if you want to stick with the 100% safe options, i could suggest AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. I used that for a while and had no problems at all. Clean and Easy and seemed to be doing the job.

Click here and go check out some other free security programs. Downloads.cnet.com - Security Software
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 am

thanks man, ill check em out
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 am

I'd have to say in the sense of 'free' the Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty good, I've not had a major issues in a couple years (even from their beta days)

If you don't like that, then try as above mentioned and go with a crack. Sophos & Kaspersky are about the two best out there (though Sophos is more server/network specific)
Back to top Go down
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 am

Wow. ive never heard of that. i didnt know Microsoft had any Protection other than Windows Defender.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 am

Lachiee94 wrote:
Wow. ive never heard of that. i didnt know Microsoft had any Protection other than Windows Defender.

If I recall properly, It was released mid-last year (final release).

I'd call it not as a good as Sophos (what I use for my home server) but its certainly darn good for free, and its from Microsoft, so theres a chance that its good (pro-Linux here).

It incorporates Defender, so they both work in harmony and since I've had it, I've not got a virus (minus those that come onto USBs that people use at TAFE...urgh)

I don't really know much else about "others" out there, but at least with MSE its a decent program (No clue if it works on Mac, and Linux theres compat. issues -- mega ones -- so its only for Windows OS).

*edit*
Also, try Softpedia.org
It's good for files, though I wouldnt trust my Anti-ware stuff to there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Free Anti virus?   Good Free Anti virus? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Free Anti virus?
Page 1 of 1