Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Clan Games.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Chill Gaming had it's first Clan "war" today.
As little as it was- Juff, Anthony (Unofficial at this stage), Van and myself- Versed 4 guys from a clan called "Aeyhou". Started off fairly evenly- but eventually 2 of their members left- so it was abit unbalanced....but the blokes on the otherside stuck in there in true gamer spirit and fought the good fight.
In the end. A victory by chill of 37 to 100.
Good work guys. Hopefully we can have some more official clan wars in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Jerms wrote:

Good work guys. Hopefully we can have some more official clan wars in the future.

I think we should set specific Game Days for Clan Wars, they are very fun, and will help our community grow, and I reckon we should definitely get involved more often.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

You should work out whose best at what roles, it seems using Anthony as a free role works well. Send a support guy with him and he should tear anyone up.
As a sniper, I can work the backside and try to pin them down, need to get that L96 to make sure i can do that.

Was somewhat fun, though being 4v2 for the most part was upsetting because I was pinning them down hard on that plane top.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 am

Yeah, roles would be good.
I think we need to do more clan battles to inprove tactics. I think....at this stage...our best option in terms of servers would be to purchase a team speak server. I have been recommeneded "Mumble" over Vent and Teamspeak. I'm gonna give it a look sometime during the week as high quality voice chat is perfect for running the Chill server and organising tactics.

Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 am

Jerms wrote:
Yeah, roles would be good.
I think we need to do more clan battles to inprove tactics. I think....at this stage...our best option in terms of servers would be to purchase a team speak server. I have been recommeneded "Mumble" over Vent and Teamspeak. I'm gonna give it a look sometime during the week as high quality voice chat is perfect for running the Chill server and organising tactics.

Ventrilo is bad, its limited to 2 people talking at once and the net usage is fairly high (comparatively).

Mumble is by far the best option of them all, but its money costing. Mumble I use with my ArmA-II buddies and i used it with WoW for a time also.

TS, its been years lol, but i recall Madness telling me its free. So maybe thats our option.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 am

*Im not too Sure, But we could always just create a Channel on a Current Server, i know of a few that allow it, put a pass on the channel and we are set
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:04 am

I can be a meat shield! The low KDR doesn't mean I haven't been seen killing 3 or 4 down with me!
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am

Having Roles seems a good option, I like the idea a lot, especially because we have a good mix of player types Smile I enjoy being a support role as well, love my big machine guns, Be useful backing up a sniper if I sit in a different position looking over same target area, it would work well I think.

On the voice software issue, I'm thinking we should do some research into the 'free' teamspeak stuff, could be a nice temp option, but from what I've gathered(which isn't a lot of research) it seems Mumble may be the way to go in the future.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Juff wrote:
Having Roles seems a good option, I like the idea a lot, especially because we have a good mix of player types Smile I enjoy being a support role as well, love my big machine guns, Be useful backing up a sniper if I sit in a different position looking over same target area, it would work well I think.

On the voice software issue, I'm thinking we should do some research into the 'free' teamspeak stuff, could be a nice temp option, but from what I've gathered(which isn't a lot of research) it seems Mumble may be the way to go in the future.

A heavy-gunner isnt really a snipers best friend. A snipers best friend is a spotter or comms man (or a 2nd sniper lol), a heavy-gunner would be the best support for normal infantry guys or somonewhere you can cut down half the map with just mindless gunfire.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 pm

vanhelsing wrote:

A heavy-gunner isnt really a snipers best friend. A snipers best friend is a spotter or comms man (or a 2nd sniper lol), a heavy-gunner would be the best support for normal infantry guys or somonewhere you can cut down half the map with just mindless gunfire.

its combat arms... that is all.

haha yea i know what your saying it was just a really bad example on my behalf Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Games.   Clan Games. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Games.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Game related :: Club Games :: Combat Arms-
Jump to: