Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Van's Top5 Racing Games!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

Van's Top5 Racing Games! Empty
PostSubject: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Installment #2
Pedo Horse Approves of this Installment.

Racing Games!!

5. Le Mans 24hr

Yes, the legendary 24hr race! It's more than just the one race, the entire Le Mans circut is avaliable. All clases (this was around the late 90s remember) GTP, GTA classes, the LPMT1&2 classes and the old SuperCar series.

For the record, I did sit the 24hrs, non-stop. Zero breaks, no sleep, urinated during pit-stops (srsly took a week to pit)
I can't recall 100% -- back in the day I didn't record this stuff -- but I think about 4 times I finished the entire race. Once had a blackout with 2hrs remaining and I was up by 6 minutes.

4. NFS Series

I guess I have to say that (NO) I've not played them all, Underground, Street, Carbon and I think it was Black-something as well. Overall Underground 2 was a great game, but after..... 10 GAMES OF THE SAME CRAP... it gets old, ultimately why its only 4th.

It offered more in terms of gameplay than Le Mans did, but didnt give an overall better challenge or as much thrill of the game.

3. F1 (1999-2006)

Formula 1.
F1.
The pinnicle of racing motorsports.
I hated Ferrari with a massive passion! haha I loved McLaren, always will. Back when Mercedes use to make the weakest engines ever, I use to love watching the Minardi's pass me on Monza and screaming that Mercedes can't even glue some fake balls onto their V10.
I never liked Webber, I normally raced with the strangest guys.
Torausuke Takagi -- Luca Badoer -- Jean Alesi -- Tom Enge -- Alex Wurz

2. Gran Turismo

What Racing list can there ever be without GT!
GT1....GT2....GT3....GT4... 100% complete all of them!
Some cars just defined fucked up. Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version... who the hell puts 2x 3.0L V6s in the same car?!?! Did 500kph on the Test Course, I remember almost having a heart attack thinking tha the car was going beyond the speed of sound!!
The drifting in GT2 with the AE86, lol, having a drag race with the Evo's I-VIII.
GT4... Le Mans 24hr... done 8 times, non-stop no breaks.
Nurburgring 24hr? done 14 times, non-stop, no breaks.

1. NASCAR Racing 4

Why? You ask.
The greatest NASCAR game, ever!
Why? 3 reasons.
1. EA DID NOT MAKE THIS GAME!!!
2. Online Damnit!!!! Daytona 400 with 32 other real life people?!? Freaking Epic dude
3. Realistic as hell.

The ability to spray youur own design, import your own pictures/icons etc and put them on your car make it so much fun to play online. Use to have on the bumper "GTFO OR PASS!" though I don't think anyone ever read it (was smallish kind of text).

I realise that "its just oval" racing but its alot harder than most think, drafting, bumping, bump drafting, low-line, high-line.. just watch any NASCAR race on Austar/Foxtel and you'll see how hard it is to control a car at 180mph (like 320kpb) and how much those cars bounce on the tracks.

The best part was during the race, you relay changes to make to your car whilst still racing. Tire pressure, track bar, wedge, dutch taping things... Realistic damages, you could pop the clutch. Pit Lane in online play was freaking insane, you had people dropping burnouts and getting speeding penalties in pit-lane. The bad ones would stomp the brakes before the restart then slap on the throttle and abuse being the inside laned guys.

-------------------------------------------
So that's it!!
Remember to post your thoughts, comments, quarrells, any honorable mentions?
Next week I'll move into Top10 Games of 2000-2009! in PC terms!
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks for the interesting read you are correct Pedo Horse does indeed approve.

I think an honorable mention should go to codemasters Toca Touring Cars series I had so many fun hours playing that with my friends and there V8 Supercars series also loads of fun playing it multiplayer, and the good ol Colin Mcrea Rally games, I own Currently own Dirt its a pretty fun game though gets really boring really quickly (for me anyway) I used to own Colin Mcrea Rally 05 I think it was that was a fun game.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Juff wrote:
Thanks for the interesting read you are correct Pedo Horse does indeed approve.

I think an honorable mention should go to codemasters Toca Touring Cars series I had so many fun hours playing that with my friends and there V8 Supercars series also loads of fun playing it multiplayer, and the good ol Colin Mcrea Rally games, I own Currently own Dirt its a pretty fun game though gets really boring really quickly (for me anyway) I used to own Colin Mcrea Rally 05 I think it was that was a fun game.

V8 Supercars, I think I recall doing the Bathurst 8hr, not much of an endurance. You only have to not fuck it on Forest Elbow and the rest is pretty easy. I've driven around there during a closed circuit day. Did it in my old car (Nissan Onevia, still own it too) which was fun.

DiRT isn't really racing... It's X-Games with Cars. I never played 1, but I played DiRT 2 and it was abysmal.

I really did love WRC, but really, the stages arn't even close to real which threw me off badly.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:58 pm

vanhelsing wrote:

DiRT isn't really racing... It's X-Games with Cars. I never played 1, but I played DiRT 2 and it was abysmal.

I have never played Dirt 2 but I can clearly say Dirt one is a good racing game I disagree that it is x-games with cars, although there a a few different race styles I steer clear of, if your looking for good racing on Dirt 1 it's all about Hill climbs, Crossovers, Rallycross and just Traditional Rally, I to don't like all the Buggy racing ect on the game as I believe it isn't rally.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:04 pm

I would have to say Need For Speed Most Wanted is by far the best NFS Game i have ever played
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Juff wrote:
vanhelsing wrote:

I have never played Dirt 2 but I can clearly say Dirt one is a good racing game I disagree that it is x-games with cars, although there a a few different race styles I steer clear of, if your looking for good racing on Dirt 1 it's all about Hill climbs, Crossovers, Rallycross and just Traditional Rally, I to don't like all the Buggy racing ect on the game as I believe it isn't rally.

Never was that big into the rally. It really is x-games with cars, its about the crashing and jumps. It doesn't teach skills (such as GT, NR4 or F1 etc) and I guess I don't like those 'half-arsed' games like COD4 is basically in my eyes.

Also, the Top10 PC Games... Some real surprises in there! LOL (STALKER doesn't make even the Top5!!)

Madness wrote:
I would have to say Need For Speed Most Wanted is by far the best NFS Game i have ever played[

I did like NFS:MW, primarly that I hadn't played a proper NFS since Underground 2 and before then, 3: Hot Pursuit (classic PC game that one) with most "long" series, I tend to take 3-4 game breaks before buying something down the line.

Such example was buying Duke Nukem 1, skipped 2, then got 3D. MGS, don't own MGS4, have played it though. NFS, only owned 3: Hot Pursuit, Carbon, Most Wanted & Underground 2 (which is like 1/3rd the entire series or so)

I didn't even buy GT3 or the 'side game' of GT3 (Tokoyo Geneva something or other...)
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Cool list. However; my personal favorite racing game. Star-Wars pod racing. So fun; I love the sound of those ships. Sure; I enjoy the standard racing games ALOT (Forza is awesome, Gran-Torismo sounds epic). I think what it is about it; is the memories of the films racing scene, one of my favorite film scenes. The sound; the voices of the characters. And the way the pods would tilt around corners. An immensely enjoyable game. Fantastic list Van; defiantly an honorable post for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:02 pm

vanhelsing wrote:

Never was that big into the rally. It really is x-games with cars, its about the crashing and jumps. It doesn't teach skills (such as GT, NR4 or F1 etc) and I guess I don't like those 'half-arsed' games like COD4 is basically in my eyes.

Rally actually requires a large amount of skill(real rally that is) and most rally tracks don't even have jumps in them infact very few do in saying this alot of tracks cars do get airborne but that is simply from hitting a crest to fast, and it really isn't about the crashes it's actually about setting the best time on a track, I think saying it doesn't teach skills I have to disagree with it does teach skills it is just a completely different form of racing to that of touring cars ect it's like comparing the Moto GP to touring cars they both are racing just require different skills.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:23 pm

You did mis-understand me, I meant rally *IN* DiRT is crap. Theres too many jumps, etc in there. I've done some amateur rally before (NSW Rally, theres a local up in Port Macquaire i've done) so I know the differences in Rally, Tarmac and GT-Road Racing. I drive an EVO VII MR, S13-Onevia converted track car when I get the chance to a bit.

Here's a pic of the Onevia! (Cant find the EVO yet...its somewhere)
Van's Top5 Racing Games! Onevia10
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:29 am

If that purple thing in the top right is a Daihatsu Terios. I recommend you crush it into a can. It would be more useful then. I think the green Toyota Echo (on first look) is fair enough though; reliable little car. Onevia aye. Nissan Silvia mashed up with a 180SX. Always liked those, don't see them too often though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Not my house, not my Diahatsu -- what's wrong with cheap asian cars? They dont break every 20 miles like an Alfa or a Ferrari.. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van's Top5 Racing Games!   Van's Top5 Racing Games! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van's Top5 Racing Games!
Page 1 of 1