Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Quoting pictures I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Quoting pictures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

Quoting pictures Empty
PostSubject: Quoting pictures   Quoting pictures I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:08 am

Hello guys; just a new request for when you are posting on the CnW Forums. If you are going to quote someone who has posted before you; try taking out any pictures they have added in their post. For example, if I was to quote myself from Anthony's post- Best fluke ever

Jerms wrote:
For that epic occurrence. I grant you a gold star!
Quoting pictures Gold-star-big

In that post; that image would have to load two times; the original post and me quoting it. People with slow net (I've noticed the extra long loading; I am currently capped) are forced to wait alot longer if, instead of only 2 or 3 images loading; there is 6 from people simply quoting everyone with a posted picture.
If you are quoting the person and directly referring to the image; then it is fine to be keeping the image in the quote. But if you are just commenting on someone saying something or just trying to insult someone; simply removing the image link (Highlighted red) will allow loading times on some topics to decrease greatly for slow net users. Van Helsing has insanely slow internet. Imagine how he feels :*(
SO.
Instead of all this-
[quote="Jerms"]For that epic occurrence. I grant you a gold star!
[img]http://www.plasticvicar.com/drop/gold-star-big.png[img][quote]

Remove the image link, and make your comment-
[quote="Jerms"]For that epic occurrence. I grant you a gold star!
[quote]
Your an idiot Jerms; get off our forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Jerms

Jerms

Quoting pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quoting pictures   Quoting pictures I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:14 am

Jerms wrote:
Hello guys; just a new request for when you are posting on the CnW Forums. If you are going to quote someone who has posted before you; try taking out any pictures they have added in their post. For example, if I was to quote myself from Anthony's post- Best fluke ever

Jerms wrote:
For that epic occurrence. I grant you a gold star!
Quoting pictures Gold-star-big

In that post; that image would have to load two times; the original post and me quoting it. People with slow net (I've noticed the extra long loading; I am currently capped) are forced to wait alot longer if, instead of only 2 or 3 images loading; there is 6 from people simply quoting everyone with a posted picture.
If you are quoting the person and directly referring to the image; then it is fine to be keeping the image in the quote. But if you are just commenting on someone saying something or just trying to insult someone; simply removing the image link (Highlighted red) will allow loading times on some topics to decrease greatly for slow net users. Van Helsing has insanely slow internet. Imagine how he feels :*(

Another great thing to remember; is how much space quoting someone can take up. See what I mean? If I wanted to quote this retard above, I could simply take out the words I want to quote and then make my comment-
Jerms wrote:

Your an idiot Jerms; get off our forum.
Your a friggen psychopath; did you know that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

Quoting pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quoting pictures   Quoting pictures I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:20 am

Smile Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quoting pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quoting pictures   Quoting pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quoting pictures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: About Chill Gaming :: About Forums-
Jump to: