Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Razer Piranha Headphones

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juff
Admin
Juff

Razer Piranha Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:19 pm

I recently purchased some headphones from Jerms, they are his old Razer Piranha's and i''d like to say it was a great decision the only thing wrong with them is the little lights on the side dnt work anymore but I can put up with that as for second hand they are in great condition still and have amazing sound quality.

I still honestly can't believe the sound quality of these headphones, music sounds amazing through them and game SFX is great I often wear them while gaming instead of using my amp just because they sound that great, makes the gaming experience that much better.

The mic on Piranha's is great to so far no problems and it doesn't pick up every little sound in the area which I find good because I quite often have people come in my room while I'm gaming making noise, and whatnot until I tell them to leave, also I sometimes have music playing in the background off my Ipod.

The Headphones are also quite comfortable at first not being used to headphones at all i found them a bit annoying to have on but now I just love them they are a good fit(adjustable), they have a decent amount of padding, and they cover my ears perfectly.

My only problem with them is the padding on top is abit thin and after a solid 2-3 hours of wearing them while gaming them on my head starts to get irritated by them but I rarely have a 2-3 hours session with my headphones on constantly I often take them off in between rounds while i fix something with my ipod or get snacks ect.

Razer wrote:
The Razer Piranha™️ is engineered from the ground up to blend performance and comfort to deliver realistic in-game audio that will satisfy the needs of a demanding gamer. Communicate with your team mates clearly through the digitally enhanced microphone and utilize the adjustable on-ear headphones to ensure perfect fit and comfort through those long hours of intense raids.

Now go forth and conquer.

They are pretty much hit the nail on the head with that statement.

All in all I give these headphones 4 stars out of 5, they are great i highly recommend them.

An image of them for anyone that may be interested:
Razer Piranha Headphones Razer-10
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:51 pm

can a brother grab a linkage??

Also, nice review. Good to see I don't have to whore out more and more reviews of stuff I frankly get sick of re-typing every other day Razz lol.

I use the Creative Fatal1ty Headset, its analog. I assume the Razer is USB connection? Or is it analog?

If it's USB, does the software come with x64 support? Is it compatible with Windows 7/Server 2008? What type of customizing potential is there? (such as dB bass cut-off, does it work at 328kbps quality? How good is the noise-cancellation, if any?)
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
can a brother grab a linkage??

Also, nice review. Good to see I don't have to whore out more and more reviews of stuff I frankly get sick of re-typing every other day Razz lol.

I use the Creative Fatal1ty Headset, its analog. I assume the Razer is USB connection? Or is it analog?

If it's USB, does the software come with x64 support? Is it compatible with Windows 7/Server 2008? What type of customizing potential is there? (such as dB bass cut-off, does it work at 328kbps quality? How good is the noise-cancellation, if any?)

thanks I thought it was about time someone else posted a review, that and I'm really loving my headphones at the moment.

For sound and mic ect its analog but it has a usb connection for the little lights on the side(mine sadly don't work).

Noise cancellation is very good, not sure about the quality it works to but it is amazing.

And this should answer the rest of your questions:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169419100/categoryId.35096300
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Ok, thanks for the link.

I found the answer to the question ya'll didnt get to me in the last post.

Razer wrote:

Headphones

•Freq. response: 18 - 22,000 Hz
•Impedance: 32 Ohms
•SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 114 dB
•Cable: 3.0 meters

The 114dB is what I was after.

The connection is analog, theres (presumabely) a green and pink plug that goes into the Headphone and Microphone jacks on your I/O Panel.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:18 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
Ok, thanks for the link.

I found the answer to the question ya'll didnt get to me in the last post.

Razer wrote:

Headphones

•Freq. response: 18 - 22,000 Hz
•Impedance: 32 Ohms
•SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 114 dB
•Cable: 3.0 meters

The 114dB is what I was after.

The connection is analog, theres (presumabely) a green and pink plug that goes into the Headphone and Microphone jacks on your I/O Panel.

yeah sorry wasn't sure what you meant, and yes green and pink plugs that go into the jacks.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

vanhelsing wrote:
whore

hehe Smile Smile Smile lol! lol! lol!

Sorry we all have childish moments lol
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Madness,

When did I write that? (within this thread) -- I don't deny ever using the word. I call Hydrogen the largest whore since Paris Hilton.

Juff,

Thanks, I assumed it was analog, but honestly... LEDs on your headsets... it doesn't make the sound crisper or better? Frankly it's useless, then again, I don't care how good (or not) my computer looks asthetically (visual appeal) as long as it does the job.

*walks off mumbling* Freaking leds on my headset....hell no...
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:26 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
Madness,

When did I write that? (within this thread) -- I don't deny ever using the word. I call Hydrogen the largest whore since Paris Hilton.

Juff,

Thanks, I assumed it was analog, but honestly... LEDs on your headsets... it doesn't make the sound crisper or better? Frankly it's useless, then again, I don't care how good (or not) my computer looks asthetically (visual appeal) as long as it does the job.

*walks off mumbling* Freaking leds on my headset....hell no...

You wrote whore in your first reply I believe.

I also don't care that the lights don't work or do anything but be lights, I was just stating that it was the only problem with the headset, which is great considering they only cost me 20 bucks off Jerms and they work perfectly in all the important ways.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:53 pm

cant pass a good bargin now days for your pc/laptop
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:24 pm

I did say that, hrm, I read my posts and still missed it... having the woman on your back, riding you like a horse you tend to not do well under stress.

Jerms, my point, was about the concept... LEDs dont do squat to help you in the important ways.. Thats my only concern with Razer products...they tend to jack all sorts of useless crap into their products (battle light on the Tarantula... seriously) and pawn it off on the consumer and make 10 year olds who think LEDs/Neons are "hecktic bru"
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:25 pm

vanhelsing wrote:
Good to see I don't have to whore out more and more reviews of stuff I frankly get sick of re-typing every other day Razz lol.

thats where u said it just to clear things up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razer Piranha Headphones   Razer Piranha Headphones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razer Piranha Headphones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Game related :: What's it like?-
Jump to: