Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

A Game With a Kitty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PretzelPuppet

PretzelPuppet

A Game With a Kitty Empty
PostSubject: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Such a good pixel game, srsly. I haven't finished it and I've had it for years.

It's stand-alone so you don't need any other program or whatevers to play it.
http://www.acid-play.com/download/a-game-with-a-kitty/
At least when I downloaded it, anyway.

Give it a go ~ ^_____^
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Pixie wrote:

In this cute 2D platform game you play as, strangely enough, a lovable blue kitty named Kittey. As Kittey, it is up to you to brave the perils of chicken birds and spiky monsters to investigate the Strange Tower in the west, just because you can.

This game is easy enough to play (shift/ctrl/arrows/enter) and has ok graphics and sound, typical of any arcade-type game. It also comes with cute sound effects, the various nasties making satisfying popping noises when you jump on them.

A game with a Kitty can be played in two screen sizes, full screen and annoyingly small. (But easy enough to hide if you're playing while you should be doing something else...) I was also extremely excited with the numerous save opportunities scattered throughout the game, making playing enjoyable rather than frustrating.

That said, it is a short game and experts should have it finished in 1 or 2 hours. However, the amusing storyline (or lack thereof) and smooth animations make this a worthwhile download for any gamer.

First thing I read, whilst waiting for the download. It's a review the last guy wrote, found it relatively helpful it setting the scene.
7kBps, took me over 5 minutes (stupid Telstra)
Download Size: ~1.8MB

Similiar Games:
Mario World (similiar in platform)

First Impression(s)
The Screen is freaking smal!! (there is a full-screen mode) The full-screen isnt much better -- looks to turn your resolution into a 800x600.
The gameplay is different (Shift is jump -- not where I like it but not hard to adjust) and the storyline is somewhat binein. The overall game felt polish for a freeware game that took 2 weeks to create.

Gameplay
Intially I found getting the basics down very easy. The game takes about 2hrs to complete if your like me and prefer to play at a comfort pace rather than like a chook with its head cut off.
Without giving away the game, I felt the gameplay to be well finished and didn't come across bugs/glitches or the like.
The goal of each level is very simple, to collect the money bags! (Turns into one greedy cat)
Possibly my favourite feature? Holding Shift makes your kitty jump high, and just tapping it results in a lower jump. I don't come across many games on freeware with that type of finesse.

Overall: 85% (out of a possible 100%)
Whilst I was easily frustrated at the game, I found it almost somewhat theraputic to a point where this game and Norah Jones made me feel quite relaxed. It's definatley a thinkers game more than a standard generic game we see in mainstream. The game overall was created by a talent programmer and would easily reccomend others who have not tried it to give it a go.

Lastly, Thanks Pretzel, I played about 75% through in about an hour. Thought it was very good to be honest. Would like some more reccomendations on others perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

PostSubject: Re: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Haha, Nice Responce Van, I never expected that. (Not that I posted it to begin with) Should put it in the "What's it like?" heheh.

I wasn't in the mood for playing it but I understand how it works and its pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Zombiesrus wrote:
Haha, Nice Responce Van, I never expected that. (Not that I posted it to begin with) Should put it in the "What's it like?" heheh.

I wasn't in the mood for playing it but I understand how it works and its pretty fun.

Well I thought about it, but in the end I'd be linking back here. This way it keeps thread clutter down. Pays better hommage to Pretzel and in case someone wanted a short perspective of it.

(In hindsight, probably going to be more beneficial here)

Never expected what? That I'm nice to Pretzel? lol, maybe one day I'll tell you the 3 key parts to a successful relationship *wink* haha.

(Side Note: I honestly never had gripes on anyone, If I did, I'd restrain myself in the forums and let the kitchen sink fly in a PM -- but I'm a straight shooter type personality)
Back to top Go down
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

PostSubject: Re: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:25 pm

No no no, I merely meant you made quite a good, lengthy response! I was giving you a thumbs up!

I'm under full understanding that you hold a void of gripes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Game With a Kitty   A Game With a Kitty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Game With a Kitty
Page 1 of 1