Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Cnw Wants a new banner!

Go down 
+4
Juff
Madness
Grover
Jerms
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

Cnw Wants a new banner! Empty
PostSubject: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Cheese Ninja Warrior Competition

The new banner is a simple step in the direction we want to go with our Over-all forum style; we defiantly don't want to keep this. We do however; wish to see some ideas from members on a good banner for the page; the size should be 900x200 and anyone who submits an appropriate banner will receive 5 points towards the May club member competition.
The banner should have the same text as the one now; and have the yellow colour as the primary. The winner will receive 10 points towards the May Competition, and they would be allowed to include a small signature in the bottom corner of the banner.

Best of luck to those who enter!
We will announce a winner when we get a banner we are happy with! Post youe entries as a reply to this topic!

Enter as many times as you wish!

*Note- The banner has been changed since the opening of competition- but it is not the final one; just a remake of the generic one! Please submit your ideas soon!
---------------------------------------
Jerms, Juff

Last edited by Jerms on Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:52 pm

IVE GOT IT, if only i had photoshop =/
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

ill have a crack at it

and also

Gimp
and
Paint.net are a good photo munipulation programs (and free)
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 pm

ok guys im finished

keep in mind this banner is just a 15 min draft

Cnw Wants a new banner! Cnw911

so what you guys think about it? what needs to be changed?
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey Madness! Very cool banner; very nice concept. A few things though; the coat of arms are a nice touch; however, the jagged edges around the outside are not something that would look very streamlined with the rest of the site, I understand this is only a 15 minute draft (Very good for such a short time), so I assume you will be fixing that issue. Something else that has me a little 'iffy', is the font; as a banner it really needs to large and bordering on "in your face" to make sure that it is the FIRST thing that someone sees when opening the website; so, larger font and maybe even a different type of font, something that is alot more outstanding.
Another problem is that the image is loading irregularly and leaving a black line at the base; I assume this is only an upload error, best way to prevent this is too upload the image to an Image hosting site (Flickr or Photobucket) and then link the image to the website using the html extension - Cnw Wants a new banner!  "Image url" this would mean much faster loading times as well as less chance of error.
I love the fiery/energy "thing" in the background; it stands out well, and goes well with the yellow font that dominates the site. The yellow/black of the crest is great; maybe an image inside it? A silhouette of a soldier or crossed swords maybe?
Thank-you for your submission! It has been noted; and you will receive points towards the Club Member competition for yoour submission. (If you post a corrected banner; you will not receive these points again, but it will increase your chances of winning).
Thankyou for being the first to submit a banner!
---------------------------------------------------------
Jerms
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah really great work madness love the concept I agree pretty much entirely with what Jerms has said.

Quote :
I love the fiery/energy "thing" in the background

Firey energy thing? I thought it looked like a wooden board but you just dunno.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 pm

fixing that now
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:30 pm

my designs are coming along quite nicely =], keep a look out for em
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I realise this is a major segway.

Last week I recall another banner, If you made that larger, I was happy with that one.
It was dark-brown(ish) in background, had shadows over "CNW" and "For Fun Community"

Also, I can't use Photoshop very well (not a design-type) so dont expect one from me, unless you like 8-bit color and mono-tones lol... No, Im serious!

Liked the simplicity of Madness' design, Grover I expect perfection Wink haha (piles on the pressure)
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Van; we did like the brown banner; but the issue with that was it's size, after considering redoing it at a larger size (The small size was too low in resolution), we thought we might try for something new. So we have put it out to the clan to make it. Hopefully we will get some fantastic entries!
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Jerms wrote:
Van; we did like the brown banner; but the issue with that was it's size, after considering redoing it at a larger size (The small size was too low in resolution), we thought we might try for something new. So we have put it out to the clan to make it. Hopefully we will get some fantastic entries!

Alright. Understood.

I don't have an issue with the competition (as mentioned above, dont expect a quality entry here, lol.)
Was just expressing how I prefer the older banner to the current one. Without being nasty, I'd like to point to the original being quite articulate and had some nice features, whilst the current one (again, trying to be as neutral and constructive with my criticism) is quite bland, and doesn't have the appealing features as before. And the "30 servings a day" doesn't make sense, even after I believe it was Juff who explained the reasoning. Just an opinion there. If we let Madness have some time putting some strokes of genius of it, it'd turn out pretty darn cool.

The size was rather small, but using that as base, I couldn't see more than an hour for a talents designer to put that on a larger banner? If I wasn't a Photoshop-retard, I'd gladly do it. Alas, it's not my forte or so to say.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

The banner above could be considered a "template" basically to show what kind of colours and size and text we are looking for. The "30 servings a day" thing has meaning. Very little of it. Like our title. I find it fitting for that reason xD But thanks for the comments ;D I know the banner is crappy, I made it after all, and I am a Photoshop retard.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Jerms wrote:
The banner above could be considered a "template" basically to show what kind of colours and size and text we are looking for. The "30 servings a day" thing has meaning. Very little of it. Like our title. I find it fitting for that reason xD But thanks for the comments ;D I know the banner is crappy, I made it after all,

I realised it was a rush job (was trying to be nice about it)
30 Serving a day, C'mon man, you can do better.
If you ate 30 servings of cheese a day youd swell up from all that dairy man. Not a good sight.

Might make a crappy 8-bit MS Paint one, for the luls.

Jerms wrote:
and I am a Photoshop retard.

Ladies and Germs, those are his words, not mine.
Though I also admit to being one, lol.
Back to top Go down
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Here we go,

There's my Autumn theme!

Cnw Wants a new banner! Wootbag

If this gets in, I promise I'll do one for each season. There's some bribery for ya.

=]

Here's a classic that we never used, it was a little expansion for the small one:

Cnw Wants a new banner! Woogiggety
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Changed the shield

Cnw Wants a new banner! Cnw9ed11

what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Wow Zombies! They look fantastic! Madness; definite improvement with those shield colours; but your still using the default forum image upload site...half of it still isn't loading...try using photo-bucket or Flickr.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

alright will do next time
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 am

Entries so far are awesome!

Zombies all I can say to your designs is WOW! I'm really really impressed and I like your idea of one for every season. Madness you design is coming along nice aswell Keep up the good work!

Hope we see a few more entries soon.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:06 pm

The Below are opionion expressed by Van Helsing,
This is constructive criticism, and anything negative is there to give a second view.
Positives are particular parts that I think are great, though the final decision of change..
Is Always upto the Designer!!!

Zombiesrus wrote:
Cnw Wants a new banner! Wootbag

There's a certain warmth created by that banner, overall, not my favourite. Yet the merits of the banner is very good, the text layout is smooth and doesn't try to jump down your throat.
The color is very well representative of the season of Autumn, being the nominal time of change and when the weather is cooling but the tinge of afternoon humid sweat that still collects on your forhead as you sit at home is a nice touch. the CnW9 logo is a little too far back, maybe a layer or two higher or 10% more visible.
I do have one grammar change,
"Thirty Servings Every Autumn Day"
possibly to "Every Autumn, Thirty Servings a Day"

Zombiesrus wrote:

Cnw Wants a new banner! Woogiggety

Honestly, this currently has my vote.

Madness wrote:

I love the background, wood/rustic style it looks like.
The font is very well suited to the background, it's soft yet rough in the edges, gives a really good feel of a splinter is inevitable!
I would suggest that the 2nd pictures CnW9 logo put in this? The logo to me at least, feels generic, and I would love to see the CnW9 logo here, just as a comparsion. The other small improvement I think might help is;
"The 'For Fun' Gaming Community" be a little larger in size, and the "Thirsty Servings a Day" smaller, perhaps match them together in size? Making it smaller than the CnW heading makes the heading stand out more and that's what we're trying to promote, CnW.
The color scheme is wonder, the colors dont feel just copy/pasted on, there was a considering thought process that probably went on, I bet it wasn't your first choice of text as well. It seems very polish aside from the small change I think would make this my actual vote (from entries so far) to be used officially.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Need more submissions   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:50 am

Come on guys! CnW does not want to accept a winner until we have enough submissions to consider! The "One post per person" has now been lifted! Submit as much as you like; as long as they are the same size and of reasonable quality!
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:42 am

Dear Jerms,

Please accept this following picture as my submission. I don't need a second entry, as this will win. LOL!

Cnw Wants a new banner! Cnw9_b10
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:45 am

Madness wrote:

I love the background, wood/rustic style it looks like.
The font is very well suited to the background, it's soft yet rough in the edges, gives a really good feel of a splinter is inevitable!
I would suggest that the 2nd pictures CnW9 logo put in this? The logo to me at least, feels generic, and I would love to see the CnW9 logo here, just as a comparsion. The other small improvement I think might help is;
"The 'For Fun' Gaming Community" be a little larger in size, and the "Thirsty Servings a Day" smaller, perhaps match them together in size? Making it smaller than the CnW heading makes the heading stand out more and that's what we're trying to promote, CnW.
The color scheme is wonder, the colors dont feel just copy/pasted on, there was a considering thought process that probably went on, I bet it wasn't your first choice of text as well. It seems very polish aside from the small change I think would make this my actual vote (from entries so far) to be used officially.[/quote]

alrighty i will work on that and will make a few more submissions
Back to top Go down
Zombiesrus

Zombiesrus

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:46 am

You're going to regret that one post per person thing Jerms.

Here's my grunge theme.

Cnw Wants a new banner! Somanylayers
I can turn the hue around and it can be a Camo theme:
Cnw Wants a new banner! Dg

By the way Van, lolarious.
Back to top Go down
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Just having a play around. My entry below looked a bit clean i though. And feel free to download the attached PSD to alter anything including the bacground game. I like Combat Arms so i went with that. I'm also aware that the banner doesn't actually state the clan's name, only a cool little logo thing. SO PLEASE EDIT IT. xD

Cnw Wants a new banner! CNW_banner

Download the PSD
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Lachiee94 wrote:
Just having a play around. My entry below looked a bit clean i though. And feel free to download the attached PSD to alter anything including the bacground game. I like Combat Arms so i went with that. I'm also aware that the banner doesn't actually state the clan's name, only a cool little logo thing. SO PLEASE EDIT IT. xD

Cnw Wants a new banner! CNW_banner

Download the PSD

That is awesome Lach maybe figure out away for "cheese ninja warriors" to actually be written on it... mmm it's interesting how that could be done well I think have a bit of a go at it see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cnw Wants a new banner!   Cnw Wants a new banner! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cnw Wants a new banner!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next