Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

The Place for Reviews!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerms

Jerms

The Place for Reviews! Empty
PostSubject: The Place for Reviews!   The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm

There is hundreds of Gaming Review sites out there- most of them..are ok...
However.
Two College students in the US have finally got it JUuustttt Right.

The site uses user submitted reviews- so any Average Gamer Joe can write up a review and submit it- Like Wiki; the reviews are rated and the betters ones a "Featured"-- So to speak.
This allows for a very biased form of criticism and allows people to get a broad array of reviews of a game before they go out and purchase said game.

Why is choosing the right review site important?

Alot of professional game critics go and review the game on the grounds of the game developers- on the game developers system.
This means that the developers have every chance to WOW the critic into a 7/10 rating.
This is what happened with the Sims Online; the game developers set up a network consisting of OTHER developers for the critic to play against. Critic enjoyed it- Thus. 7/10.
Amazon.com rating? 4/10...

SO as you can see, the range of ratings for a game can vary-
So choosing a site that removes bias and allows for a broad range of responses- is defiantly a good idea.

----
Jerms
-James
--CnW Board of Directors

Gamecritics.com discovered and all information on the bias of Professional Game Critics collected from-
http://www.ojr.org/ojr/ethics/1049994303.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: The Place for Reviews!   The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:18 am

Sounds interesting, I'd like to see any review submitted by any of our members also submitted into our "What's it Like" forum, I think this is a good tool when looking into getting a new game.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: The Place for Reviews!   The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm

It's a very good website, but any review is suppose to have some biast. This should depend on the individual, if the reviewer has never played Shadow of Chernoybl or Clear Sky. His review on Call of Pripyat to me will be hollow. Also If he/she has played both, what sort of experience have the got from the game?
Did they ever play online? Did they use all the different mods? Can they give the sense they played enough of the game to enjoy it.

Obviously if you don't like a game -- you won't play all of it, and thus making the 4/10's something pretty useless. Amazon uses personal people's ranks? I love ShoC, I'll show every flaw with ShoC/CS and CoP without hesitation. Would I suggest it to someone? Probably not CS ever. Complete still doesn't save that POS imo. ShoC, yes with some mods (Lost Alpha, Oblivion Lost 2.2 and Complete) and CoP is good, but I don't know how good most of the mods will be or are -- havn't tried.

In the end, I value the opinions of cult people. Who are over obsessed with the game.

How will I judge Starcraft II? See how many Korean's play it, and if they dump SC for SC:II as their national sport...
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: The Place for Reviews!   The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm

dont forget the makers haters who spam S*** about their competertors and that brand
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Place for Reviews!   The Place for Reviews! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Place for Reviews!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Game related :: General Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: