Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Empty
PostSubject: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:43 pm

OKAY! So i bought a Sound Blaster 5. VX sound card the other day. Opened it up, slipped it into a PCI slot and installed the software on the installation CD. Restarted my computer etc, soon to find that windows didn't recognize the card. I have all the necessary drivers and have updated them through Windows update, Creative software Updater, and even downloaded the latest Windows 7 drivers from the Creative website.

Every time i try to run a program installed from the CD, i get an error message saying:
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Untitl10

I dont know what else to try.

I have a Windows 7 driver sitting on my desktop. Its an exe file. I have tried running the various applications on the installation CD in compatibility mode but that has still drawn me to the above error message. If i ran the exe in compatibility mode, Would that install the driver as if i were on XP? or would it be the same as running the program (after installation) on XP.

Any help is much appreciated. Like... any.
Back to top Go down
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Sorry if it's a bit hard to understand. Not fluent in English. >.>
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Windows 7= piece od s*** if you ask me

You sure it is installed propper job?
Google vids, PC World, Back to basics.
We have to watch them in IT, explains how to build your computer and cheese.
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Madness wrote:
Windows 7= piece od s*** if you ask me

You sure it is installed propper job?
Google vids, PC World, Back to basics.
We have to watch them in IT, explains how to build your computer and cheese.
I follow the instructions and install the drivers and software the best i know how. I just have no idea why W7 wont recognize it. And why the drivers wont hook up the card with the PC.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Did the card have a compatible list on its case or something?
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Lachiee94

Lachiee94

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:54 pm

XP & Vista are supported on the retail box. But Creative released Windows 7 Drivers for the card.
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm

*Shrugs* I shouldn't help you -- you didn't buy the card I told ya to buy Wink

Lol, Nah. I'll see what I can do.

What we first need to determine, you go to Creative's website and Download the sound cards drivers from their (Creative's) website? Or you just use the CD provided.

Solution 1:
There's a small chance the CD is old/faulty/not able to support Windows7.

Solution 2:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/377150
This website says that your Mobo's BIOS might still have the onboard sound as the default output -- I personally have an X-Fi Elite Pro (Gen.1) card and I never had this problem, but it's something I found on the website and it might be useful for you to check.

Solution 3:
Device Manager can or can not see the card?
This is specifically a hardware/installation related issue. I got screenshots of what ya need to do,
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Help110
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Help210

At this stage, there's 3 options... First the easy one,
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Help310
Click the orange circled bit (woo! my paint skill r uberz! lol)

Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Help410
Try uninstall then install again -- if you read the manual I think they say install software then the card after its done. Tbh, I honestly *DONT* think is matters but maybe you've got a tempramental system?

The last one is just a easy visual check, make sure it says "working fine"
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Help510
Back to top Go down
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Lachiee94 wrote:
XP & Vista are supported on the retail box. But Creative released Windows 7 Drivers for the card.

Probably means you're screwed on Solution 1 above, the CD wouldn't have Windows 7 drivers possibly? The retail box isnt always accurate but the box could be older than Window 7 in terms of its date of shipping (from Creative) compared to when Windows 7 got released.
Back to top Go down
Jerms

Jerms

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Good on ya' Van Helsing- a comprehensive and detailed response if I ever saw one!
You truly do deserve the rank of "Solid Bloke".
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/deadlyfunzo/
vanhelsing

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Jerms wrote:
Good on ya' Van Helsing- a comprehensive and detailed response if I ever saw one!
You truly do deserve the rank of "Solid Bloke".

Rofl.

Quick Google ftw.
Alt + Print Screen = open MSPaint
Ctrl V to paste
Ctrl S to save
then upload on the website Razz

Makes cheese so much easier when doing diagnostics.
99.9% Problems I can probably direct you in a decent direction to find a solution.

If you look @ the post times. My post might have been before Lachiee's last, but look again, mines 9.58pm whilst his was 9.54pm lol.
That's just something this forum does? I sorta prefer it so stay like that, or maybe since Im usually on US forums, I dont get 10x people posting the same time as me Very Happy

But thanks for the solid bloke part lol. Just doing what I can for the joint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 VX   Sound Blaster 5.1 VX I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sound Blaster 5.1 VX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Tech Support-
Jump to: