HomeCalendarGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Share | 

The Cheese Ninja Warriors.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Sat May 29, 2010 11:48 am

The language barrier isnt an issue, im fluent in 5 languages and can scrap around in couple more.

I know that Shovel Goon is like Pedo Horse, sneaks up and whacks the back of your head with a 2-by-4 the instant you're open for a Pedo Horsing!

I play 75% PS3 and 25% PC. Ironic how I amass 200hrs of FM in a fortnight, imagine if Madden hours counted...holy smokes! lol.

Camping and strategic retreat was the main difference I was eluding to; lets say you're on assault. Your a CT and you 3 teammates died going through the front door and vents. It'd be safe to say those areas are covered. The back door is instantly a no-go area because of its huge chokehold. (And this is why I dont like timelimits but in CS I see its usefulness) Stratergy dictates that I won't be running into the cross-fire anytime soon, my ears and senses become my best friend. As the Ts move around, they make noises etc, the hostages make sounds, knowing how many of your enemy is left, using the previous gun sounds to pick what type of guns there are comes into consideration and your own weaponry and remaining teammates effect the situation.

Lets say theres a AWP, a pair of SIG's and a AK inside. You know the snipers will probably put as much distance between their M.O.D sights and their position, your hope is that a smoke grenade will cover you as you scope out where the assault-rifle guys will be. Typically in some wars I've played, we have no timelimits and stratergy and patience is vital and typically we'll toss a pair of smoke grenades in to cover the snipers and initially get inside so we can scout the remaining guys. A flashbang (if well placed) is another tool, using the high concrete walls as a shield you can get an upper hand inside if you scatter to cover well such as behind the red crate, the boxes under the hostages or the back door as cover. Now you've got a foothold in there, and this might have taken 1-2minutes to orchestrate, as a T, you're sitting and waiting for 2 minutes which seems long but you can also make your own preparations such as sounding decoys like backdoor or vents fakeouts which will give keys to the CTs which might be inherently decieving.

But on dust, staying in T spawn with the bomb accomplishes nothing, which is just downright wrong. Retreating back there after loosing 7 of the 8 in the team and CTs are 4:1 outnumbering you is a strategic advantage since you can barracade yourself in the top corner on dust where you have cover, 1 entry and exit, though still suspectible to HE nades but they usually never carry any by this stage after wasting a few earlier in the round. The second situation results in the same spot, but has 2 very different meanings which can easily effect my judgement of that players ability to work in a team environment. Dont like team games? go play COD4, because theres none there!

Then there's ArmAII lol, spend 3 hours real time on a tree log in the tree-tops of a map just watching the tanks roll by your scope. Fun times!
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Sat May 29, 2010 6:30 am

First of all, Very well said Van, I agree with a lot of what you have covered/said here, especially these few points:
vanhelsing wrote:

With any website, we must have a message

To fully answer this, we need to know what our members are good/great at

To me unfair is taking advantage of the game in a way that is not what the spirit of the game is about

core principals that important in my opinion;
1. Respect
2. Honor
3. Maturity

How do you define casual? hardcore? -- Gameplay hours? Style? Competitive seriousness? The whole "for fun" tag on our main page banner probably will be how we answer this question.

Consoles tend to not use the net to communicate, if they do, it's normaley because CoD4 etc since they are multi-platform. To cut-off Consoles would cut-off part of our potential community.

I would have to say, firstly, we have to create a baseline voice. Something we (as CnW) bring to the greater community

After that, we need to have a core group of members who are willing to lead the community and uphold the values and wishes the community wants to promote and to do it properly

Once we establish this foot-hold, we can grow by attracting similar minded people who share our values, and bring their own dynamic to us.

Now, on the topic of unfair to me, my views are similar to vans, Glitching/Hacking etc is not fair in anyway, if you can put yourself somewhere, where you can kill everyone on the map and not take a single bullet, then well quite frankly why do you play game?, I also believe it's unfair to have 8 players spawn camping 4 players, with 8v8 depending on the game the team getting spawn camped can usually push back so its not as bad in my opinion.

The console thing, well to me whether your playing a console or on your PC it shouldn't matter as long as you uphold the values in which you believe e.g no glitching. Although I see this club at the moment to be a PC based club, which means nothing really, as we are also an Australian based club, but are open to international members as long as they speak English.

In terms of are we a casual/hardcore community, I'd say we are more casual gamer based, but we also all love a bit of competition, but still our comps are very casual, so I'd agree the "for fun" tag definitely establishes us as a casual community of gamers.

Finding out what our members are good at/enjoy etc I believe is key to everything hence the polls I create, they are usually created to gain some info on our members interests etc, also if anyone is looking to help us out there filling out your profile info at least to a basic degree I find is very helpful.

Establishing a core group of members, and gaining a foothold, I believe is going to be the most difficult part of our expansion.

Thats my main stuff covered, now on a less serious note:

vanhelsing wrote:

Zombie (hi steve! lol) who is obviously a big music guy -- with hair like that he better be! ha -- Jerms is as much a vivid music man and Juff has...shale? lol joking, Juff is fairly calm and collected and his in-ability of handling his shovel goon is a treat to us all.

You know us well Van Smile hahaha.

vanhelsing

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Fri May 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Jerms wrote:
What should a PC gamer be for?

If you're wanting to define a PC gamer, you have to ask what kind of PC gamer are you? Is this a genre question? A 'hardcore' or 'casual' scenario, is this a collaboration effort such as game mods, online leagues (like CPL for CS etc) or are we as I was once told "a group of guys who play games together"

With any website, we must have a message -- either it be mods (like moddb etc), opinions like blogs places to hold leagues (like Madden online franchises, CPL for Counter-Strike) as this will define us. I'm not saying forget 99.9% and focus only on the 0.1%, what I mean is... what will we (as a community) provide for the wider community and other members we accumulate?

To fully answer this, we need to know what our members are good/great at and how does that fit the overall goal/ambition that CnW wishes to encompass? I'm a monster STALKER and Madden freak. So I'm a gamer who thinks and doesn't rush things. I enjoy the stratergy of war or the chess match of madden greatly and I am probably the oldest person currently around (22) and have a different set of skills and knowledge to the greater community which is in its own dynamic different from Zombie (hi steve! lol) who is obviously a big music guy -- with hair like that he better be! ha -- Jerms is as much a vivid music man and Juff has...shale? lol joking, Juff is fairly calm and collected and his in-ability of handling his shovel goon is a treat to us all.

Jerms wrote:
Should they be fair and considerate?

This is going to vary, what does one define "unfair" -- If you play madden and every time I run a simple Strong I-Twin TE HB Slant play which always gets 3-4 yards. Does running that play in times when I need 3-4 yards unfair? I don't find it unfair as the burden is of them to stop me being successful.

That scenario is obviously different from 'glitching' -- If you know that you can sky-walk, would you solely spend a round accomplishing that task *which doesnt help the overall objective!* glitching or childish immaturity? I'd vote for the former.

To me unfair is taking advantage of the game in a way that is not what the spirit of the game is about (such as CT spawn-camping on cs_assault is rather pointless unless its 5T v 1CT or similar situation) and this comes down to what is and what isn't acceptable across the board. Who makes these decisions? CnW? Majority? Pedo Horse?

I personally would say that the original members of CnW whilst they can't enforce every rules/guideline every second of the day -- it is however their clan/community and they have the right as a private clan to refuse people from their community and honestly, dont need a good reason, just any -- this is just like the real world and how should it be any different, the net isnt a tool of anarchy -- it's a tool of escape and relaxation from the real world.

Obviously as we grow, as a community and as people, these inevitably will change but there are probably at least 2-3 or so core principals that important in my opinion;
1. Respect
You can hate my pro-facist views, you can hate how I think Eisenhower is better than Teddy (fight me Jerms! lol) but respecting my view, even if its wrong, is important. You dont have to agree, you can be totally against the idea but having your own idea that is your own and something you believe in is far more important than being 100% right.
2. Honor
Its all fine having respect, but honor comes with that in some regards. Having honor in how you represent the community affects us all. If you display the CnW tag, you represent us all -- no just [CnW9] van helsing, but [CnW9] as a whole. Just how the prime minister represents Australia, having the CnW9 tag means you honor that tag.
3. Maturity
This isnt an age thing, Madness is 13 now, but doesn't let on being young. His maturity is beyond his physical age. Sure Jerms, Juff, Grover and I spent hours laughing at the game called shovel goon, which is sorta silly -- but since it was harmless and silly, it was immature but no the type of maturity im speaking of. The type of maturity I mean is one of acting in proper way. If everyone is hacking, you dont join in, or yell at your team to play fair. Merely leave and dont play with them, most people do stupid/annoying things for a reaction and by giving them nothing, you won the "High Ground Award"

Jerms wrote:
Should they be playing competitively and harshly?

I did touch on this above, and our main definition of CnW will answer how 'hardcore' or 'casual' this clan/community is?

I dont have to look far to say, I'm pretty hardcore (clock ~100hrs in xfire weekly) whilst someone like Jerms plays ~20hrs, is fairly casual by my standards and most "hardcore" standards.

How do you define casual? hardcore? -- Gameplay hours? Style? Competitive seriousness? The whole "for fun" tag on our main page banner probably will be how we answer this question. And the seriousness of the gameplay should reflect this. I've played in 5 madden tournements (2 online), about 15-20 LAN CS and dozens online (like Gamearena etc) which in that respect is hardcore in terms of "for fun" as these were serious comps comparetively but in terms of the pro-gamer, these were still very casual style.

Jerms wrote:
Should they be separated from the console community?

Consoles tend to not use the net to communicate, if they do, it's normaley because CoD4 etc since they are multi-platform. To cut-off Consoles would cut-off part of our potential community.

Jerms wrote:
What do you think?

I would have to say, firstly, we have to create a baseline voice. Something we (as CnW) bring to the greater community -- maybe we make mods? maps? opinions on games/issues/facebook etc?

After that, we need to have a core group of members who are willing to lead the community and uphold the values and wishes the community wants to promote and to do it properly (such as not abusing admin's power to alter posts/etc)

Once we establish this foot-hold, we can grow by attracting similar minded people who share our values, and bring their own dynamic to us. Such as maybe a female section? FPS section? console section?
I feel the key with this is, patience, grow to fast and we might not have enough food to feed the clan, if we have too much food and nobody to feed, the food goes to waste or the little we have over-indulge and don't become productive members of the clan?

Jerms wrote:
I will start writing and compiling ideas into a basic draft that I will aim to complete by the 14th of Next month (Queens B-day Long weekend)
The Cheese Ninja Warriors is aiming to grow- and we are going to do it right.
Back to top Go down
Madness

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 pm

"Hackers have a lower soical class then people who piss themslves" Someone said that in a Signoiiture
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Juff
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Tue May 25, 2010 2:04 pm

In my opinion gamers should:

1. PC gamers should game for fun and to chill out.

2. All gamers should be fair and considerate, no hacking or cheating online, and should take into account the guy going 1-20000 and encourage them to keep it up!

3. Gamers shouldn't always play competitively although there is nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition, so yeah sure play competitively, but also play for the lols.

4. No need to stay separated from the console community, gaming is gaming wether its on a PC or a console, so yeah go play your xbox or PS3 have fun!

So yeah people should game for fun, and to chill out with mates, it shouldn't matter for a gamer if they are playing a game on console or PC, if you think your good enough jump in a ranked server and play as competitively as you like, but always remember to jump on a regular server once in a while and play for the lols with ay mates, and always remember DON'T HACK OR CHEAT!

Madness

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm

My Response

Jerms wrote:

[quote="Jerms"]
Headshots, nah. Having Fun, Relaxing and Mucking around? as well as Enjoying gaming, or the break.
Jerms wrote:

Nah they should be cheese heads and Racists, Of corce they nshould be friendly, fair, not a tool or tick (pick 1) and be fun to play with and what not.
Jerms wrote:

Competitly definetly it is optional though: as it is fun(ny) BUT o still like to just to muck around with a knife Smile
Jerms wrote:

Jerms wrote:

Nope not nessercerly (mind the spelling) they can enjoy all consoles, but still need to like Pc Gaming
Jerms wrote:

What do you think?
Answered

Jerms wrote:

I will start writing and compiling ideas into a basic draft that I will aim to complete by the 14th of Next month (Queens B-day Long weekend)
How many bdays does the queen have?

Wow i like quoting stiff don't i?
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Jerms

PostSubject: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   Tue May 25, 2010 9:26 am

I will soon be writing a simple, yet detailed; explanation of the Cheese Ninja Warrior goals; and the ideals it's members familiarize with.
This will be about one page long, and a title will be decided; it will be placed in this forum as a ground work for all our future endeavours to abide by. It will not be set-in-stone and we will make it an open forum; people can comment and suggest things that need to be changed.

The purpose of this topic- I need to know what you guys think-

What do you think?

The Cheese Ninja Warriors is aiming to grow- and we are going to do it right.

-----
James
([CnW9] Jerms)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Ninja Warriors.   

Back to top Go down

The Cheese Ninja Warriors.
Page 1 of 1