Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll- Gamer server
Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 am by Jerms
Well- I think it's time to decide.
Poll in News section.
What game should Chill Gaming start a server for?
----------------
Minecraft
----------------
Garry's Mod
----------------
Counter Strike
----------------
Other
----------------
*Click "Comments" to answer poll.

Comments: 5

Medieval 2 Total War.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juff
Admin
Juff

Medieval 2 Total War. Empty
PostSubject: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Medieval 2: Total War, is part of the famous Total War series, a group of RTS games that, incorporate turn based strategy with epic battles requiring strategy and thought (on the higher difficulties).

In ME2:TW you take control of one of 21 factions, in different game modes there is the Campaign, Historical battles and Custom battles. there are 250 units in the game, each faction gets its own unique units.

The Campaign requires you to not only take charge of the military side of things but the civic side of things the campaign requires you to look after your people with factors such as religion effecting your settlements, it can be quite tricky to have happy people in all cities. Diplomacy is also a major factor in the campaign, alliances, trade rights, ect ect play major roles, sometime you are able to pay off another faction to attack your rivals, gain map info or if your getting pumped back from multiple enemies you are able to buy their allegiance.

Historical Battle give you the chance to command armies in battles that actually took place, you are put into the position of the general at the time and well pretty much asked to win the battle, to either change what actually happened or just reenact past events.

Custom Battles are pretty self explanatory, you choose your team and your opponents, chooses units and battle it out.

There is multiplayer as well both online and LAN you are able to have up to 8 players commanding armies in epic battles.

I have a few screenshots, and vids I've taken, its only early in my ME2:TW career so I haven't quite got my tactics down yet as I'm still learning my army, but they pretty much give you a good idea of size of battles(there can be far bigger) and what the game looks like both gameplay and graphic wise.

Screenies:
Militia Spearmen:

Medieval 2 Total War. 97567740-2

Along the Frontline:

Medieval 2 Total War. 97567832-2
Medieval 2 Total War. 97567799-2Medieval 2 Total War. 97567782-2

Shows off the Graphics and Scenery:

Medieval 2 Total War. 97567674-2Medieval 2 Total War. 97567650-2Medieval 2 Total War. 97567713-2

The Campaign Map:

Medieval 2 Total War. 97567484-2

Vids:

Taking the Settlement of Dublin from the Rebels:

Feild Battle Against the French:

More Screens on my Xfire Page if you want to check em out.
Back to top Go down
https://chillgaming.forumotion.net
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Sounds like a sweet game to me, might look into it...
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Very similar to Rome: Total War, although much different military tactics are required, and settlement management is more in depth.
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Jeff you forgot the religious side to the game, if you try and go against the Church wishes I.E attack another Christian nation, you we be excommunicated (or ass fucked by all other Christian nations) adds another level of management.
Back to top Go down
Juff
Admin
Juff

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Grover wrote:
Jeff you forgot the religious side to the game, if you try and go against the Church wishes I.E attack another Christian nation, you we be excommunicated (or ass fucked by all other Christian nations) adds another level of management.

Yeah I haven't played all that much yet, thanks for filling in the gaps.
Back to top Go down
Madness

Madness

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:17 am

if you co online, use a trurtle formation (all close together with sheilds pointng out), have archers mixed in witht them and have a strong horces
Back to top Go down
http://proninjas.net16.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medieval 2 Total War.   Medieval 2 Total War. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medieval 2 Total War.
Page 1 of 1